There are different ways supervisors offer supervision.
At SOL, I mostly offer online group supervision. Each group meets monthly and are kept to a small number of Dietitians (maximum of 4-6 people). All discussion is strictly confidential.
At each meeting, a different dietitian (supervisee) is in the spotlight. They might bring a clinical question, difficult case, or tricky concept to discuss. As a group, we break down any potential issue/s and come up with solutions all the while flexing your reflective practice skills.
The benefits of group supervision are:
- It’s affordable, meaning you’ll keep it up
- You’ll be exposed to a larger range of clinical cases and practice concepts
- You’ll learn from other like-minded people who are “in the same boat” as you
- It, most importantly, prevents burn out and compassion fatigue
Where my schedule permits, I also offer ad-hoc individual supervision services.
- Individual Supervision $150/session
- Group Supervision $35/month (billed monthly)